Saturday, June 12, 2004

I'm leaving Deadwood, SD shortly, a little disappointed by the sights. I've uploaded some photos (see below) from the last few days despite the slow internet connection. I had intended to put up the entire group from the day on the Snake River going to the massacre site, partly to contrast that terrain with the one of the drive that evening to Lolo, MT, but, I ran out of patience with the slow connection AND I have a full day of driving today: hoping to cross all of South Dakota.

I'm also adjusting to this being the beginning of the trip's end and
the feelings that engenders. Given the amount of driving over the next few days - my intention is to be in Philadelphia on Tuesday and I am still on the western border of South Dakota - the next postings might be very brief until I get home. (The weather reports for the Midwest states through which I'll be going through the next 3 days are chockful of thunderstorms and tornado warnings, so that may affect my plans.
please have patience!

No comments: