Sunday, May 30, 2004

Day 19 - Photos: Janet and Gary's wedding in Monterey.

Yesterday (Sat.) was my friend Janet's wedding, the reason for being in Carmel on these days. The ceremony was outdoors, under perfect skies, at the Memory Gardens behind the original Customs House, now a visitor center, in Monterey.

I had been asked by Janet to write some advice, a task with which I struggled, but was saved by finding I poem that was brief, beautiful, and by a Chinese woman poet from the late 1200s, to which I added some words (not to the poem!). Now, I know most of you reading this are chuckling at the thought of me being qualified to give marital hints, but I would argue that, sometimes, those on the outside can see better than those inside. Sometimes. (I certainly know more now than when I got married. After all, Aeschylus wrote: "The reward of suffering is experience.")

In any case, here are some photos of the occasion.
The first married kiss:



Ringed and married:


No comments: